Tuesday, October 31, 2006

R-45 Frustrated Muslins respond to growing prejudice against them....

Second Muslim cleric joins row in Australia over women and rape SYDNEY (AFP) - A second Muslim cleric in Australia has stepped into a bitter dispute over attitudes to women and rape, charging that anti-Islamic bias ensured Muslim rapists got tougher sentences than other men..... Sheik Mohammed Omran publicly defended a sermon in which he said Muslims were dealt with more harshly than other sex offenders such as "bikies" belonging to motorcycle gangs or "football stars".

Both clerics referred in their sermons to heavy sentences meted out to a group of young Muslim men for a series of notorious gang rapes in Sydney six years ago..... One of the men received a 55-year jail sentence, which was later reduced on appeal...."What I said in the sermon, I say it here and I'll say it wherever I am," Omran said......

"We are part of the Australian society and, as an Australian -- forget what I am, a cleric or not a cleric, I am an Australian -- I have a view and I am free to tell the people about my view."....

Omran charged that judges lacked consistency in sentencing, saying that otherwise similar sentences should be passed on "the priest who rape(s) a child under his care, or the teacher who (has) a sexual relation with his student"..... He also accused the media and the government of overreacting to crimes committed by Muslims. Prime Minister John Howard has led the storm of criticism of the mufti's remarks about "uncovered meat".

************************ says a me comment ***********************

Similar to how aboriginals have been and still are discriminated against..... Muslims, world wide, are now being targeted with prejudice and discrimination... US - Bush did a lot to lay the finger of blame and supsicion of 911 on Muslims... and no matter what they now say or do, if they do anything wrong or complain in any way.. they are the problem and need to be taught a lesson... That's Christians for you... and any other religion for that matter... "do as I say.. don't do as I do".. but that's not the GOLDEN RULE they tell you they believe...

Saysame JR

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home